Executive Director Children's Social Care and Education
Share this role
- Sefton Council
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date:
- 5th November
- Job Ref:
Our Vision 2030 is to be a confident and connected borough where children and young people enjoy early help, outstanding nurseries and schools, access to quality apprenticeships and vocational training, leading to highly skilled jobs and careers in the area.
We are investing £10m into the transformation of children’s services as we embark on an improvement journey that will be characterised not only by this significant investment, but also by pace, political support and investment in our workforce.
The Executive Director Children’s Social Care and Education will lead this transformation work, bringing vision, ambition and drive to these vital services. They will also be expected to play a key role in what is a supportive and established executive leadership, to contribute to the work we deliver with partners to shape the borough and improve outcomes for all our communities. As statutory Director of Children’s Services, you will lead on all aspects of the delivery and promotion of services to children and families and be able to lead, influence and motivate people successfully through change while maintaining a strong performance culture.
Sefton has the best of both worlds, from the vibrant city of Liverpool to the south, to miles of fantastic coastline and respected green spaces in the north. The borough is internationally
recognised for its outstanding natural beauty and commitment to sustainability. Sefton communities look out for each other. We focus on our similarities and diversities but never on our
differences, working together to live a fruitful life.
If you are a senior leader with experience of leading change and improvement in children’s services who shares our values and ambitions and are willing to commit to Sefton’s communities
and young people, then we would like to hear from you.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
The following consultants are managing this role and will be happy to answer any questions that are not covered in the person specification on the next webpage.
- Nick Cole
- 07867 451 183
- Alex Hayes
- 0113 205 6109